Recently, ZooDoo Zoo Dalat has become a hot destination for many Vietnamese young people to visit. The place provides many amazing experiences with loads of cute, exotic animals that you have not seen before. Tam Trinh Coffee makes sure that this international standard zoo won’t disappoint you.
1. About Zoodoo Dalat
ZooDoo Zoo Dalat is not located in or close to the city centre like many other famous tourist attractions. It is about 35 km from the city centre, quite far away but in return for tranquility, peace, spacious space and fresh air.
Spanning up to 16 hectares, Zoodoo Zoo is the first and only Australian-style friendly zoo in Vietnam. This place is a general house of various animal species, some of them are familiar like monkeys, parrots, dogs,…. But mostly they are strange, and you haven’t even seen it directly before, such as Pony dwarf horses, the Alpaca sheep, llamas, kangaroos, rabbits, civet cats, pheasants, spotted sheep and black-headed sheep… Many of them are imported from Australia, and trained to be amiable with visitors, especially children. So the world of animals here is so cute, funny and makes many interesting experiences for people who come to play with them. The most fascinating thing is you can come close and cuddle them, feed them yourself.
In addition to the Zoo area, there are other parts in Dalat Zoodoo, like: Coffee shop, Camping area, Picnic Area, Dining area, and other entertainment areas… They even prodive tents for rent, or cater dishes for dining.
2. Where is Zoodoo Dalat located & How to get to
Zoodoo – Dalat Zoo & Cafe is situated on DT723, Da Nhim commune, Lac Duong District, Lam Dong. It is on 27C National Highway in specific, in the Nha Trang City direction.
Although Zoodoo is relatively far from the city centre, it is not too difficult to access here. You can move by different means of transportation, including: motorbike, taxi, car or even bus.
You can use your motorbike or rent it in many places in the city. This is the instruction for motorbike moving: From the center, you move to Yersin Street → straight through Phan Chu Trinh Street → turn left onto Chi Lang Street→ proceed to Me Linh Street. Finally, you come across Ngo Gia Tu Street and straight ahead you will see the Zoodoo Zoo sign on the right.
This friendly zoo has also opened a bus trip to Dalat Zoodoo for visitors. The bus goes according to set hours and the price is also relatively cheap. Below is some information you need to keep in mind if you want to move by bus:
- With a one-way ticket, it costs 40k.
With a round-trip ticket, it costs 80k for over-1m2 customers, 40k for under-1m2 ones, and free for under-90cm children.
- Fixed time frames of Zoodoo Bus in a day: 7:30 AM – 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM – 2:00 PM
- The Zoodoo Bus picks you up at your location (within 6 km radius from Da Lat City Centre) or you can go earlier 15 minutes at 114 Hai Ba Trung, Ward 6, Da Lat City.
3. Dalat Zoodoo Zoo Ticket Prices & Booking
How much does it cost to visit Dalat Zoodoo Zoo? The latest updated ticket prices of Dalat Zoodoo Zoo as below:
- 100,000 VND for an adult
- 50,000 VND for a 0.9-1.2m height child
- Free for under-0.9m children. But parents should go inside together with their kids.
Note: The entrance fee doesn’t include animal food.
Recently, many visitors come to experience this place. So to guarantee you possess a ticket, you should book the ticket at least one day, or 1 week better in advance. You can contact the Zoo to reserve by this number, 0997.111.199.
4. Dalat Zoodoo Zoo Opening Hours & The best time to visit
The opening hours of Dalat Zoodoo Zoo is from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM. But bear in mind that the gate time is fixed, given-time frames including: 9:00 AM, 10:AM, 11:00 AM, 13:00 PM, 14:00 PM, 15:00 PM, 16:00 PM. “Zookeeper” accompanies you to explore the place, instruct you to approach those exotic animals, play, take photos with them, feed animals with their specialized nutritious food, and he will share with you many interesting information about them and the Zoodoo Zoo, too.
So, the best time to visit Dalat Zoodoo Zoo is at least 20 minutes before the fixed-opening-gate time, so that you don’t have to hurry, just stroll around, breathe the fresh air here and wait for your turn.
5. The unique of Dalat Zoodoo Zoo – Friendly Zoo & Ideal place for kids
The Zoodoo Zoo’s owner – Ms.Ha shared, Zoodoo Zoo participated in Australasian Zoo and Aquarium Association in 2017. This is an organization of protecting the world’s wildlife, requiring the high criteria for any country, organization or individual that wants to involve the Association. Zoodoo is aiming for nurturing love of animals in children and growing a friendly environment. Therefore, children in Zoodoo Zoo are taken care of from space, movement, and even pets, which are trained to behave gently, warmly with kids.
Zoodoo animals are transferred to Lam Dong, Viet Nam under the command of the Word Zoodoo Organization, so they are especially non-infectious. After coming to Dalat, all animals are still managed with the positioning chips attached on their body by the original organization.
Even all of the furniture, such as chairs, tables,… in the Zoo must be designed and constructed as a replica of the regulated form Zoodoo Organization, from material, size, form to quantity.
6. Regulations of Dalat Zoodoo Zoo – Tips for travel
To have the memorable experience at Dalat Zoodoo Zoo, these are essential notes that visitors should notice:
- Remember to book tickets in advance – 1 week is suggested, because ZooDoo just serves maximally 7 tours, calculated 84 guests each day to prevent animals’ panic.
- Don’t use outside, improper food to feed the animals (just using food provided by ZooDoo).
- Shouldn’t tease, scream, run or jump to avoid scaring the animals.
- Don’t turn on a flashlight when taking photos of animals.
- Prohibit smoking in the entire Zoodoo Zoo space to protect the health of all animals and working staff.
- Shouldn’t wear high heels or slippers, because you may move constantly and heavily on the trip. Comfortable shoes are encouraged.
- Follow Zookeeper’s instructions for a safe and smooth tour.
If you are under stress, or sick of the hustle, bustle of the city you are living or simply want to bond with your children, Zoodoo Zoo in Dalat is a must-try place. With all information has just been provided, Tam Trinh Coffee hopes you have an unforgettable experience in Zoodoo.