Dalat welcomes thousands of customers every year owing to its charming scenery, favourable climate and many outstanding architectures. Among them, Bao Dai Palace was a remarkable place due to being used by King Bao Dai’s for working and staying, who was known as the last king of the Nguyen dynasty. Follow Tam Trinh Coffee to find more information below!
1. Bao Dai Palace History
Bao Dai Palace is the common name for the mansions and villas that King Bao Dai used as a place to work, rest, and live with his family while in office. Spanning across the territory of Vietnam, there are 7 palaces of King Bao Dai. Most of these mansions were built in the French architectural style.
Among those 7 mansions, there are 3 ones located in Da Lat, and are called Palace I, Palace II, Palace III for easy distinction. The remaining villas are located in other provinces such as: Cau Da Villa in Nha Trang, Bach Dinh in Vung Tau, Bao Dai Villa in Daklak and Bao Dai Villa in Hai Phong. Today, these mansions have become famous tourist destinations visited by many people.
2. Impressive beauty of Bao Dai mansions in Dalat City
Palace I Dalat – King Palace
Palace I Da Lat is also known as King Palace – Bao Dai Palace I. Palace I was built on a hill with an altitude of 1550m, surrounding the mansion is a very beautiful and poetic pine forest.
Palace II Dalat – Governor General’s Palace
Palace II Dalat is known by another name, Palace of the Governors. Palace II was built in 1933, this is a mansion with a bold French architectural style. The palace is located on a 1540m high hill, has a total of 25 rooms, luxuriously designed with European style.
From a distance, Palace II looks like a magnificent castle in the middle of a pine forest. Standing on the top of the hill, visitors can see the entire beauty of Xuan Huong Lake. Below the mansion is a secret tunnel, especially down here there is also a rare wine cellar. Coming here to visit, visitors will admire all the typical beautiful scenes of Da Lat city.
Palace III Dalat – Third mansion of Bao Dai
This is the most famous mansion, every year the mansion welcomes a number of domestic and foreign tourists to visit. Palace III was built in 1933-1938, designed and built by French architect and architect Huynh Tan Phat. This mansion was chosen by King Bao Dai as a place to live and work during his reign. Bao Dai Palace III was built with 2 floors with 25 rooms. The design style of Palace III is more modern and luxurious than other palaces.
Palace III is considered the most beautiful and elegant mansion among King Bao Dai’s palaces. Located on a 1539m high purebred pine hill, attached to it are miniature parks, An Ai forest, Royal garden, etc. All seem to blend together, creating a poetic scene that captivates people. . With beautiful architecture and poetic, charming scenery, Palace III is a favorite destination of many tourists.
Common points of Bao Dai Palaces
There is a very special common point that everyone can notice: King Bao Dai’s mansions are almost all located on hills or mountain tops. These mansions all have quite large areas and are surrounded by forests or flower gardens. Each villa is designed differently, but all have a harmonious combination with nature, creating a feeling of comfort and immersion in nature when arriving here.
3. Address of 3 Bao Dai Palace Dalat & How to get there
Address of Bao Dai Palace
The 3 mansions are located in 3 different residences. But if you want to visit and explore 3 mansions at the same time, it will be quite convenient. Please save the addresses of the following mansions to get to the right location!
- Palace I: Located at 1 Tran Quang Dieu Street, Ward 10, Da Lat City.
- Palace II: Located at 12 Hung Vuong Street, Ward 10, Da Lat City.
- Palace III (Third mansion of Bao Dai): Located at 1 Trieu Viet Vuong Street, Ward 4, Da Lat City.
Directions to Bao Dai Palace
After you clearly understand the information that Bao Dai Palace in Da Lat has up to 3 mansions. Then choosing to visit here will become more difficult for you than ever. So below we will give you detailed instructions on how to get to Bao Dai Palace.
However, you need to note that in Da Lat, only Palace I and Palace III are currently open to welcome visitors. Not only that, the road to these two mansions will be more difficult than Palace II. So please follow our directions exactly to get to these mansions!
- Palace I: From Da Lat market water roundabout – you move to Tran Hung Dao street – Hung Vuong street – to Trai Ham intersection (Hung Vuong – Hoang Hoa Tham – Tran Quang Dieu). From here, if you look to the right, you will see Tran Quang Dieu Street. From the beginning of Tran Quang Dieu street, visitors move about 1 km further to reach Palace I.
- Palace III: From Da Lat market water tank, you move in the direction of Tran Phu – Le Hong Phong – Trieu Viet Vuong street. From the beginning of Trieu Viet Vuong Street, move about 500m further and look on the right side to see a sign leading to Palace III.
4. Ticket price to visit Bao Dai Palace
According to travel experience, ticket prices to visit Bao Dai Palace will be as follows:
For Palace I and Palace II:
- Entrance fee – For visitors who only want to visit or take photos: 20,000 VND/child, 40,000 VND/adult.
- Package ticket price – For tourists who want to visit, take photos and dress up: 150,000 VND/person.
For Palace III:
- Entrance ticket price: 10,000 VND/child, 15,000 VND/adult.
- Costume rental price: 20,000 VND/set.
If you are a person who loves learning, knowing something new about the history, culture during the trip, besides 3 Bao Dai Palace, you shouldn’t miss Tam Trinh Coffee. Here, you will learn more about Vietnamese coffee culture, discover how to make Vietnamese coffee yourself and immerse in the majestic, unsoiled beauty of nature in tranquil and peaceful ambience.
Not only is it a unique architectural work, Bao Dai Palace also has many profound historical and contemporary meanings. Currently, this place is considered an ideal place to visit and check-in for many tourists “addicted to Da Lat”. Tam Trinh Coffee really hopes that you will have memorable experiences and discover many appealing things in this place.